1) Dear Parents of HS Juniors…I wish you knew now what you will know a year from now.
2) IMPORTANT: When a College Admissions Representative refers to an SAT score, they are usually referring to your READING + MATH sub-score. NOT your Reading + Math + Writing score. I’ve seen too many schools and families talking about two different things. To the detriment of the student.
3) Every action taken in Junior Year (and in the summer) saves two actions in the Senior Year. M.Szarek, 2012.
4) Adult students need and deserve as much guidance in the college search as traditional students.
5) Too often, students take ALL or NONE of their Direct loan eligibility. Often, SOME would have been their best choice.
6) What IS the right price for a year’s worth of higher education?
7) If they don’t want you, you don’t want them.
8) Of the 4000 colleges in this country, there are 17.9 ‘perfect’ schools for your son or daughter. Okay, I made that up. But, I bet I’m right.
9) See it with your own eyes. Visit. Visit. Visit. Visit. Visit. Visit. Visit. Visit. Visit. Visit. Visit.
10) If a picture paints a thousand words, how does that fit into the Common Application Essay requirement?
As always, I welcome your comments and questions. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text me at 908-403-3819, join me on Facebook on “College Counseling for the Rest of Us” and join me on Twitter at @MichaelCCR. And now on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/CCRMichael?feature=mhee.